Before you list your home, make sure you know what the closing costs will be. This closing cost calculator is free, compliments of Land Title
It surprises me how many sellers have no idea what it will cost to sell their homes. Some people think that closing costs only cover the real estate commission. There are quite a lot of expenses outside of the real estate commission. For instance
1. The cost of the title insurance policy
2. The cost to do the paper work to close
3. Any homeowner association fees
4. Water and sewage charges
5. Pay off to mortgage company
6. Past due taxes and current taxes
7. Any concessions to the buyer
These are just some of the basic costs!
So before you list your home, fill out the seller’s estimated net sheet calculator so you have a good idea of what some of your basic expenses will be. Once you have that information, you can consider putting your home on the market. If you have any questions you can call me.